Being lost, being found and being guided through strange, peculiar and sometimes frightening landscapes and places. The narrative of the music is specifically influenced by a dream of Agent Dale Cooper leading Laura Palmer through the woods in Twin Peaks.
Led Through the Woods By the Hand – Instrumental Contemporary Classical Music Video, featuring the beautiful landscapes of Iceland.
Written, performed & produced by Stephen Caulfield. Taken from the album, To the Lighthouse. Available here:
Video directed and edited by Stephen Caulfield. All footage filmed on my phone in the beautiful country of Iceland. I hope you enjoy the Icelandic scenery and nature.
I found the Icelandic landscape to be particularly inspiring when making the music for To the Lighthouse.
Specific locations featured:
- 00:00 – Dimmuborgir, Mývatn, North Iceland – September 2017
- 01:45 – Hljóðaklettar, Jökulsárgljúfur, North Iceland – September 2017
- 02:29 – Dimmuborgir, Mývatn, North Iceland – September 2017
Primary instrumentation used to create the music:
- Spitfire Audio Ólafur Arnalds Evolutions (Evo Grid)
- Spitfire Audio Ólafur Arnalds Chamber Evolutions (Evo Grid)
- Soundiron Emotional Piano
- Fracture Sounds Midnight Piano
- Various field recordings made in Iceland
The following artists and labels were of particular inspiration when making To the Lighthouse:
Jóhann Jóhannsson, Ólafur Arnalds, Sigur Rós, Jónsi & Alex Somers, A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Stars of the Lid, Hildur Guðnadóttir, Björk, Anne Dudley, Nils Frahm, Max Richter, Kiasmos, The 1975, Brian Eno, Erased Tapes, Dirty Hit, Bella Union, One Little Indian, Deutsche Grammophon